What makes the Reusable Bulk Food Bag Set so good?
We love diverting existing waste from landfill which is why these bulk food bags are made from BPA free, food safe recycled plastic drink bottles.
The bulk food bag set contains a large, medium and small bulk food bag along with a specially designed bulk food shopping tote. They are all conveniently stored in a innovative bulk food carry case which comes with an attached carabiner that can be clipped on to your bag and belt so you always have your bags on you!
The Shopping Tote boasts a double lined base and extra wide square gusset making it perfect for transporting bulk foods in both bags and jars.
Each of the bulk food bags feature the tare weight of the bag in both grams and ounces and they also have a clear window made of non-toxic, BPA & chlorine free PEVA. This window allows you to not only easily see what is inside your bag, but you can also write in that window the product, as well as any unique codes you may need when checking out. We recommend a coloured wax pencil or whiteboard marker only as permanent marker can be very difficult to remove. The window especially helpful when distinguishing products such as Self Raising and Plain Flour that otherwise look identical.
The volumes of the bulk food bags vary dependent on what you are putting in them. For example a small bag of flour is going to weigh more than a small bag of corn chips, but to give a rough idea we have modeled the look of our Bulk Food Bags on the classic 1kg/2lb and 2kg/4lb flour bags with the large being able to carry as much as 5kg/11lb.
For further information and hints and tips on getting the most from your reusable bulk food bag set, please watch the product video below:
- Made from BPA Free food safe 100% recycled plastic drink bottles
- 100% Recyclable & Sustainable
- Clear window made of non-toxic, BPA & chlorine free PEVA allows you to see what is inside and to write product name/codes. We recommend a coloured wax pencil or whiteboard marker only as permanent marker can be very difficult to remove
- Set contains Carry Case, Tote Bag & Small, Medium & Large Bulk Bags
- Tare weight included on bag in grams and ounces
- Use bags as light weight top up solution for existing jars at home
- Small Bag Dimensions: 27cm long x 11cm wide/10.6in long x 4.3 in wide with 6.5cm/2.5in gusset
- Medium Bag Dimensions: 35cm long x 15cm wide/13.7in long x 5.9in wide with 8.5cm/3.3in gusset
- Large Bag Dimensions: 40cm long x 21cm wide/15.7in long x 8.2in wide with 10.5cm/4.1in gusset
- Tote Bag Dimensions: 30cm long x 39.5cm wide/11in long x 15.5in wide with 24cm/9.4in gusset (includes built in pouch)
- Bulk Set Carry Case Dimensions when folded: 22cm wide x 11.5cm long/8.6in wide x 4.5in long
- Carry case holds up to 6 bulk food bags so you can add to the original set of three that comes with the set should you need more bags
- Up to 26 recycled plastic drink bottles (rPET) used to make the full set
- 100% Vegan Friendly
- 12 month Manufacturer’s Warranty
Please note: The goal for the reusable bulk bags is to be able help people easily and conveniently transport their bulk food purchases home. The bags have been designed as a lightweight top up tool to replace the need for carrying jars and canisters when doing your shopping, and when you bring them home you should empty the contents into your storage jars and containers.
Although made from recycled plastic drink bottles and technically plastic, the rPET material that makes the bags is woven in nature not solid state plastic like a single use plastic bag which is non-permeable for air and water.
Because of the woven nature of the fabric, a solid state plastic bag will definitely prevent air from reaching the bulk food products better than the bulk bags will when storing your bulk food products. Things like pasta hold well in them, but things that rely on freshness are better stored in an airtight container.
These bulk bags are definitely at their best when used to carry home your bulk food dry goods and transfer the contents into your bulk food storage jars and containers to ensure freshness.
A note on packaging: The manufacturer’s commitment to sustainability extends to the packaging which is made from post-consumer recycled material and printed with water based inks so it is suitable for both recycling and composting!
Onya is proud to be a B Corporation. Their products are responsibly made in China and are 100% recyclable at the end of their long life cycle.